3.19.2009

Books!

Yesterday, I was poking around on Amazon, because I had a coupon and bought 6 books for Maggie, with free shipping. I got:

The Funny Little Woman by Arlene Mosel (one of my most favorite books from childhood - she laughs "tee hee hee" and has a magic spoon that can make unlimited rice dumplings, and escapes the Wicked Oni from underground - it's like an Asian folk story)


A Beasty Story by Bill Martin Jr. (looked good)
The Granny-Man by Judy Schachner (same one who writes the Skippyjon Jones books, about an old Siamese cat who gets a new lease on life when they bring a kitten in for him to teach)
Chicka Chicka Boom Boom by Bill Martin Jr. (Little's favorite childhood book)
Don't You Feel Well, Sam? by Amy Hest (another in the Sam books like Maggie's Kiss Goodnight)
Barn Dance! by Bill Martin (looked really good, about what happens in the barn after people go to sleep, has something to do with a scarecrow, too.)

Then from a non-Amazon seller for $11 because it's not in print anymore:

A Little Book of Little Beasts by Mary Ann Hoberman (my absolute all-time favorite childhood poem book.. 'pollywiggle pollywog, tadpole bullfrog, leaps on long legs, jug-o-rum jelly eggs, eats flies spied by flicker eyes...' I still can recite many of them!)

And until right now, I didn't have any inkling that I got 3 books by Bill Martin Jr... wow, odd.

Anyhow, Maggie's been getting 3-4 bedtime books read to her a night so I'm stoked that she FINALLY is interested, and couldn't help getting her some new ones for her own collection. YAY! I would have gotten tons more, but just put them on my shopping list for another time.

No comments:

Post a Comment